Transition Year is a very successful and popular part of life at Scoil Mhuire. The following are some key pieces of information in relation to our Transition Year:
- Students who wish to do Transition Year must apply to do so in Third Year and must meet certain criteria to gain entry to the year.
- Transition Year is a one year optional programme.
- Students participate in a wide range of activities during Transition Year including Work Experience, Extra Curricular Activities, Workshops, Trips, First Aid, Public Speaking, ECDL and the Gaisce Award.
- Transition Year allows students to experience the world of work and offers them new opportunities for future development and provides a bridge from junior to senior cycle.
- Transition Year enhances academic achievements as students prepare for the Leaving Certificate.
- Students complete taster courses in many Leaving Certificate subjects during Transition Year and this helps when it comes to making subject choices at the end of the year.
Transition Year encourages personal and social development and recognises the need for students to grow in independence. More information about Transition Year can be found on pdst.