The Mission of the Physical Education Department at Scoil Mhuire Secondary School is to provide educational excellence to all students by providing a safe, non-threatening, positive environment where cooperation and the opportunity to acquire knowledge, physical and social skills, fitness and attitudes are essential to a healthy lifestyle.
All aspects of the PE curriculum are included:
- Invasion games – Football, hurling, basketball, soccer, rugby, hockey.
- Net games – badminton, volleyball and tennis.
- Health Related Activity.
- Aesthetics – dance and gymnastics.
- Aquatics – swimming and life-saving.
- Adventure – kayaking and orienteering.